ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Memory problem on Asrock H170M Pro4S

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kostadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Memory problem on Asrock H170M Pro4S
    Posted: 23 Mar 2016 at 12:34am
Hi to all.I have been used Asrock motherboard for past 10 years and they never give mi problem.I am happy customer.

My problem is that i buy Asrock H170M Pro4S few moths ago with 4GB Kingston memory witch is in the support list and work great.Today i went and buy 4GB ADATA witch again is in the support list of the motherboard.But pc won't start i first flash the bios to 1.7, then reset the bios to default and last try every slot combination with only ADATA.When i try combination of the both memory sticks pc won't start again.Is any one have idea what can be the problem?

Edited by kostadin - 23 Mar 2016 at 12:35am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2016 at 1:21am
Welcome to the forums Smile

Mixing different brand memory is never a good idea. The 2 different modules you are using may require different voltages to function or their timings are greatly different. 

I would return one of the sticks and purchase a matching stick to the remaining one. 
kostadin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kostadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2016 at 1:29am
You are right, but the  stor that i look Most don't have the Kingston.I can't make the Adata to work alone?

Edited by kostadin - 23 Mar 2016 at 2:15am
kostadin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kostadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2016 at 12:02am
Good News it turs out that the Adata memory was defected.Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic