ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock 970 Extreme4 Restart issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock 970 Extreme4 Restart issues
    Posted: 26 Mar 2016 at 3:00am
I'm not sure what's causing this, but when I go to restart my computer, usually from a Windows update, or another program (needs restart for update to configure), no matter if I use the programs restart, restart in Start Menu, or log off and restart, it will go through the log off, "shutting down" process to restart. Yet, on the actual restart, it will completely shut down for 2-3 seconds, then power up. When this happens, nothing comes up on screen, and I get the BIOS code of 36 on the mobo bios code indicator. Looking this code up in the owners manual, it's stated as "CPU Post-Memory Initialization. System Management Mode (SMM) Initialization. This is a fresh install of Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit. All updated drivers, bios, video, Windows, etc. This is really getting on my nerves. Everytime it happens, I have to reset the cmos and redo settings in the UEFI. In Storage Configuration, it will be on IDE. The hard drive was set up on AHCI mode. Why does it reset back to IDE in the bios? Everytime i need to restart, I have to do this. This is my build:

Now, here's something I don't understand, the installation guide, owner's manual, etc, does not go into any detail about all the BIOS options. Especially, when it comes to setting up AHCI. The only thing it says, (which is recommended), if running WIn 7, set to AHCI mode. OK, what about the other settings??? Did the person/people that wrote the manuals even go to college or anything for computers? Or were they hired off the corner? When I went to college for Web Site development, Foundations in Information Technology, we were taught that when you give instructions on how to install something, etc, you leave out no DETAILS!!! Recommended to set on AHCI. Where are the rest of the settings? AMD AHCI BIOS ROM? Do you enable it? Do you leave it disabled? When you enable it, the option for SMART disappears. Do you enable SMART? Leave it disabled? IT's called DETAILS!!! I think these people that set the manuals up, should be FIRED, because they do not know a damn thing! 

So, lets go over this...
AHCI Mode-Enabled. 
AMD AHCI BIOS ROM-???
SATA IDE Combined Mode-?
Secure Boot in Security Tab-? (Recommended to Enable?)
Other Settings (Recommended)-???
SMART-??

So, can someone that actually has some knowledge about this help me? Maybe it's a bios setting causing the power off/power on during a Restart? Thanks in advance, or thanks for nothing. Whichever one comes first. Lol. 

Edited by GeneralChaos - 26 Mar 2016 at 3:04am
"Know This, Do This!!!"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic