ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - M.2 shorts board when Intel wifi chip is added?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

M.2 shorts board when Intel wifi chip is added?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegreywizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 2:09pm
This is the intel wifi card I had/tried: 

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-7265-IEEE-802-11ac-Bluetooth/dp/B00RCZ4I6S

And it's a combo wireless AND bluetooth card which is nice and as you can see it's key A and designed for the M.2 slot. so I figured since I already have 2 brand new Samsung 850 pro SSDs for Win7 & Ubuntu 16.04 so they're on separate devices, it would be a shame to waste the money/grade for an M.2 SSD and the port in general and was a nice thought at the time to stick a combo card in the port instead of letting it go vacant.

I'll be sending it back to amazon for a refund.

I'm debating on getting the intel 7265 PCIe card, but it requires long antennas:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833106251&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Network+-+Wireless+Adapters-_-N82E16833106251&gclid=CPCHy7Cc5csCFQiUaQodMsMCUA&gclsrc=aw.ds

I could run it in the PCIe 2.0 x16, I think, right?

Or I am going to go with a wireless AC dongle & perhaps a 4.0 blutooth donle as well - but thus far the only blutooth devices I have are my microsoft keyboard and mouse and they already have their own dongle, but it would be nice to sync things like iphones & ipads through the blutooth capability.

Thoughts on all of this?

I assume I would get a better, stronger overall signal with the Intel PCIe card vs dongles won't I?

Edited by thegreywizard - 29 Mar 2016 at 2:10pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic