ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No more video after sleep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StefanoA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No more video after sleep
    Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 2:37pm
I just built a new rig using a Z170M-ITX/ac + i3-6300 and windows 10 @64

If I try to put computer to sleep (by either the POWER MENU under start menu or power button on case), sleeping seems Ok (power led blinking, all fan stopped, no more video)

But then, when I try to restart the computer by pushing any key on the keyboard, it seems cannot awake properly. The Power LED becomes solid ON (which I think is ok), but still NO video output. PC is connected through HDMI to a LCD TV, output set at 1080p@60.

I tried several times, using both HDMI ports on board (no external GPU), but the problem seems always there. The only way out I found so far is complete shutdown by keeping long pushed the power button which is obviously a bad way to shut everything off.

I tried to updated both BIOS of MB (now is 2.00) and driver for INTEL HD530 integrated GPU but no improvement.... so now I'm forced to completely shutdown the system everythime.

How could I fix this problem ?

Is it related to BIOS ?  Some setting ? Some driver ?

thank you in advance for your help

urbancamper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urbancamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 7:02am
Same problem on my AsRock Z170 PRO4S mb with my i5 6600k with Windows 7. This is a new build. Built less then 36 hours ago. All updates, latest drivers, and latest bios are on the system. 
dkeone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkeone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 4:12am
same problem here, asrock won't respond.. rma your mobo best bet

never had any of these issues on asus cards but i bought the z170 itx because of the hdmi2.0 port, big mistake, better to go with a stable asus card and buy the club-3d dp > hdmi converter cable as the wake issue isn't there....

i wish asrock staff would respond!
tyeh101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyeh101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 8:02am
My Fatal1ty Z170-Gaming-ITX with Windows 7 and Pentium G4400 has the same issue. After following up technical support, I switched back to BIOS P1.80 and video is normal after wake up from sleep with regular HDMI port and HDMI 2.0 port connecting to Acer K272HUL monitor (Don't have a 4K TV). Like most people here, the major reason to pick up this motherboard is, it is the only ITX board with HDMI 2.0! By the way, an adapter to convert DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 might not work with streaming content with HDCP 2.2. DP 1.3 will support HDCP 2.2. If you check the description of those adapters. they are HDCP 2.2 repeaters. If DP 1.2 does not support HDCP 2.2, there is no way to repeat HDCP 2.2 signal. Will try to hang on longer until I hit other "major" issue.
dkeone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkeone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 11:16am
Originally posted by tyeh101 tyeh101 wrote:

My Fatal1ty Z170-Gaming-ITX with Windows 7 and Pentium G4400 has the same issue. After following up technical support, I switched back to BIOS P1.80 and video is normal after wake up from sleep with regular HDMI port and HDMI 2.0 port connecting to Acer K272HUL monitor (Don't have a 4K TV). Like most people here, the major reason to pick up this motherboard is, it is the only ITX board with HDMI 2.0! By the way, an adapter to convert DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 might not work with streaming content with HDCP 2.2. DP 1.3 will support HDCP 2.2. If you check the description of those adapters. they are HDCP 2.2 repeaters. If DP 1.2 does not support HDCP 2.2, there is no way to repeat HDCP 2.2 signal. Will try to hang on longer until I hit other "major" issue.

don't celebrate to fast, try this:

sleep your htpc
shut off your monitor

wait an hour or more

now turn on monitor
and unsleep your htpc

no wake up right?
tyeh101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyeh101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 1:34am
My Acer K272HUL connects to Asus H97I-plus running OSX with DVI and to my Asrock Z170 Gaming-itx/ac with HDMI. After Z170 went to sleep, I switch to other computer. After about a hour, OSX went to sleep and I woke up the Z170, Acer switched to HDMI and showed the video without problem. Maybe I should try to connect it to my 7 year-old Samsung TV. As someone in other post points out, the way handle HDMI signals is different between TV and monitor.  
tyeh101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyeh101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 1:34am
Originally posted by tyeh101 tyeh101 wrote:

My Acer K272HUL connects to Asus H97I-plus running OSX with DVI and to my Asrock Z170 Gaming-itx/ac with HDMI. After Z170 went to sleep, I switch to OSX. After about a hour, OSX went to sleep and I woke up the Z170, Acer switched to HDMI and showed the video without problem. Maybe I should try to connect it to my 7 year-old Samsung TV. As someone in other post points out, the way handle HDMI signals is different between TV and monitor.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic