ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dr. Debug Error 55

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanleaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dr. Debug Error 55
    Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 8:57am
Hi all,

I recently built a new Z170 rig.  
AsRock Extreme7+ 
i5 6600k + Thermalright TrueSpirit 140 cooler
16GB GSkill Ripjaws V DDR4 3000 
EVGA G2 850W PSU

The build went smoothly.  Everything worked fine for 3 days at default speed.  After 3 days of stable operation, I attempted to set the XMP profile for the RAM to run at the 3000 speed and the CPU to run at 4.5 GHz.  This caused boot issues, so I reverted the BIOS settings back to default.  After doing this, I would occasionally get a motherboard error code (AsRock Dr. Debug error code 55 - memory not installed) when trying to boot.  Rebooting seemed to alleviate the issue.  

However, within 3 days, the entire system failed to post, each time with error code 55.  I tried the memory in each slot, even doing one stick at a time.  No luck.  I tried re-seating my RAM and CPU, using the backup BIOS, and clearing the BIOS.  I kept getting error code 55.

More specifically:  a few numbers pop up, then Dr. Debug sits at "19" for a few seconds, then goes down to 0, then a few numbers flash, then it stops at 55.

I figured that my motherboard was to blame, so I got a replacement motherboard.  After reinstalling all components in the new motherboard, I still got error code 55.  If I try booting without any RAM, the motherboard gives error code 53. 

I then got some new PNY Avenger DDR4 2133 RAM and tried both single and dual stick configurations in the slots.  Still getting error code 55.  

My replacement motherboard did not resolve the issue, and neither did the RAM.  Is it possible that the CPU went bad?  

I'm at a loss here and would truly appreciate some help!

Edited by ryanleaf - 12 Apr 2016 at 9:09am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic