ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beebox n3150 linux remote problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beebox n3150 linux remote problem
    Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 2:22am
My nice Asrock beebox n3150 is used as Home theater center, so to play video, youtube and KODI.
I use Linux Mint 17.3, this works OK except that my remote misses some functions. The "ok" button and "fastforward" and "Rewind" doesn't work.
I have read a lot of difficult stuff... https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/HID_Remotes   but that is too much for me.
Has anyone a beebox with Linux and a good working remote?
And....how did you do it ???
solarice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solarice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 9:27pm
If you're always inside kodi there's an add on (keymap editor iirc) that lets you easily change the keymap / buttons used. I'd try that before buying a new remote.

Having said that, this one has all features working great (as you'd expect it occupies a usb port) :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391163724096?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and only needed two keys remapping (just for extra functionality) to make it work how i wanted...it works straight out of the box for the usual stuff.

Edited by solarice - 17 Apr 2016 at 9:28pm
peterock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 8:34pm
I have tried the kodi keymap editor with no result.
I have a Logitech harmony 600 remote, so i can change a lot....but i can't find a working OK button setting. I added different remote-models and also a microsoft mce keyboard in my harmony.
The play/pause and directions works well, but OK never works.
This is also true with pictograms in linux-windows....pushing direction-key works well but i can't click OK.
Volume keys works also....only the OK button doesn't.
solarice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solarice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 5:07am
Ah right, i can't help regarding the harmony remote i'm afraid (apart from knowing there's a post on the logitech forum, which you've probably already read). Worst case you'd probably have to start mapping the keys yourself, like your first link (which is what you're trying to avoid :) ).

Edited by solarice - 20 Apr 2016 at 5:09am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic