ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Professional Error Code 62, A2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Professional Error Code 62, A2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trooper201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Professional Error Code 62, A2
    Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 10:56pm
Hey there,
i have some issues with my motherboard which drive me crazy.
First my configuration:
MB: ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Professional
CPU: Intel i5-3570K
RAM: Corsair 4x8GB
HDDs: 7
Bios: L3.21A
GPU: NVIDIA GT710

I use the PC more as a data storage which is why i have some HDDs connected to the mainboard. In the past i had 6 HDDs connected and no problems. With the 7th HDD the problems started. While booting i got the A2 error and the system was stuck. Disconnecting one drive was the solution to make the system work again. But i wanted to use all my HDDs. With unplugging and plugging in while booting somehow the system started with all drives. This was no solution but it works...

Now i got some time and wanted to fix it. Maybe the mainboard cant handle that many HDDS which is why i got a RAID controller and SATA extension card.
When booting the system the cards get detected and i can go into the RAID controller to change settings. But here comes the problem. After initializing the extension cards the system holds with the error code 62.

This error code only appears if i have a drive connected to the RAID controller or SATA extension card. If no drive is connected the system boots fine.

I searched through the web but found no solution. Maybe you can help me. Maybe my board is broken?

trooper201 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trooper201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 8:37am
Seems like it is because of the WD80EZAZ i have in my system. They work fine under the Marvell SE9120 controller. If one of them is plugged into the SATA extension card or RAID controller i get the mentioned error code 62. When the WD80EZAZ is connected to the SATA2 or the 2 RAID supporting SATA3 ports i get the error code A2 or sometimes A3.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic