ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x670e PG Lightning bios update questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deathrabbit679 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x670e PG Lightning bios update questions
    Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 11:17am
So I have been having issues with my new build using this board. I do not necessarily think it's the board's fault, my 7900xtx gpu keeps having driver crashes in game, making the system nigh unusable for gaming. Before I pursue trying to RMA the video card, one thing folks are recommending is to update the bios. I don't really expect it to belp, but I looked at the versions available and one of them touted improved compatibility for the new nvidia stuff, but there hasn't been an update since AMD released their 7000 series. Has anyone had any luck with bios updates increasing AMD gpu stability? And if I upgrade can I jump multiple versions or should it be one version number forward at a time? Thanks!
ynr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ynr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 11:55am
In general, you can upgrade to any version of BIOS you want. You can even downgrade later. Be sure you read the instructions for your motherboard's BIOS installation at the website and the manual of your motherboard to be sure.

I have had issues with internal graphics card on an X670E Taichi and in my case BIOS downgrade was needed. A BIOS upgrade might help with your case. Make sure you have a copy of your current BIOS version as well in case things go wrong.

What's the error you are getting? stutters, glitches, artifacts?
Deathrabbit679 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deathrabbit679 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 12:05pm
Just CTDs in game, messages about the GPU driver timing out, also shows up in the event log. I'm on 1.07, which is what my board shipped with. Wish I had an extra stick of ddr5, everyone keeps telling me this smells like a RAM issue, but I've tried disabling the EXPO to no avail.
ynr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ynr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 1:29pm
Sad to hear that.

It might be RAM as well, as you said. But it is very hard to pinpoint that without another stick.

Please check this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/yvyqc7/disabling_multiplane_overlay_mpo_fixed_all/. Applying this might also fix your issue. Again, please read through the posts to check if issues are similar. This has helped a lot of people, not just to people with Nvidia cards. (Although it hasn't helped me, but worth a shot)

There is a recently new driver update from AMD, be sure to give it a try too.

Hope BIOS update fixes it in the worst case.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic