ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Z790 Pro RS WiFi - UEFI Blank Screen w/ GFX Card
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z790 Pro RS WiFi - UEFI Blank Screen w/ GFX Card

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jokem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z790 Pro RS WiFi - UEFI Blank Screen w/ GFX Card
    Posted: 26 Feb 2023 at 1:09pm
I recently assembled a machine with:

Mobo: Z790 Pro RS WiFi
CPU: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K
RAM: 32Gb (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series DDR5
Disk: Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen4
GFX: GTX 960

I re-used my old GFX card because of the crazy GFX card prices at the moment. With my GPU plugged into the mobo but disconnected from power (HDMI cable into mobo), I see the ASRock splash page and pressing F2 brings me to UEFI as expected.

When I connect my GFX card to power, whether my monitor is plugged into the mobo or the GFX card, the ASRock splash page is just a blank screen. Spamming F2 during startup presumably brings me to UEFI, but that is also a blank screen. If I don't spam F2, I boot into my OS eventually but the part where I should be seeing a splash page is blank.

I tried following a suggestion that disables the HD UEFI setting, but that had no effect.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? I suspect this might be due to my older GFX card, but it would be shame to shell out almost $1k on a newer GFX card to run into the same issue.
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 8:50pm
The new Intel (and also AMD) platform, don't support Legacy hardware anymore
Your graphics card, must support Graphics Output Protocol, and with nvidia, this should be supported from the 10xx onward, and AMD from RX560 and above.
You could try to contact the manufacturer if they have firmware that can support GOP
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic