ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z77 Extreme4 Boot problem, no bios

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wincent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z77 Extreme4 Boot problem, no bios
    Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 6:22am
Hi, I have a strange problem with my z77 extreme4 which has been working fine since 2012. Today after watching a video on YouTube I decided to try the ram frequency, I have 2 ram banks 2x8 1600, once I increased the frequency to 1833 if I don't remember correctly, I restart and now I always get error 10 and 15, I've done a lot of cmos, removed the ram, tried in various slots but nothing, now I've removed the battery and will try again tomorrow morning. Could it be that something broke???? It keeps rebooting and never showing the bios
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 9:03pm
The memory controller is integrated in the CPU, it is not on the board, and before You remove the battery, You should switch off, the PSU, and keep the start button pressed for about 20 seconds, to flush al capacitors.
Then remove the battery for a few minutes.
This way it will use factory settings, where also data and time are reset
Errors 10 and 15 are about CPU, and chipset initialisation
Kind Regards
Wincent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wincent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 9:13pm
Hi, thanks for the reply.
After several attempts and starts without any device and since the only value I had changed was the ram frequency I blamed the ram!
I tried the ram on another pc and in fact the pc doesn't start, strangely there is no error but there is a black screen!
My pc with ram new part!
My corsair lp 1600mhz 1.35v probably couldn't handle a slight overclock at all in fact I can't find them on sale anymore but I find the same ones with 1.50v.
I think that's why they died, very low voltage
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic