ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

New OS - Nvidia Drivers not loading

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grizart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New OS - Nvidia Drivers not loading
    Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 6:52am
I was hoping for some assistance with my new build. I have installed both Windows 10 and Windows 11 with the Microsoft ISO clean (nothing carried over, formatted the SDD). Both of these OS's will not recognize or load the latest or previous NVIDIA drivers for the Graphics Cards. The default Nvidia drivers do seem to install after I have launched the OS for the first time. I have flashed the Bios to the latest on the New ASRock MB. I have replaced SSD's trying Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME (flashed to latest bios), SSD WDD 1TB, and Samsung 870 Pro 4TB. I have run DSIM SFC. Everything points me back to an issue with the ASRock hardware setup I have with the AsRock Z790 Taichi Carrara at the core.

I have tried running with both an Asus GeForce 1070 as well as a MSI Ventus 3x GeForce RTX 3080. Both cards, working fine and functional in other boxes prior to hardware updates to ASROCK and new i9 processor.

I have tried most of my tricks in the book. I have used DDU. I have tried Power Management Options. I have tried Uninstalling and reinstalling OS multiple times with different OS's. I have tried switching PCI slots, moving the NVME in the process to allow proper usage per the manual. I have checked memory, I have done system diagnostics. I flashed the MB Bios. I have tried Easy Driver software. Turned off Anti-Virus, Turned off Firewall settings. Everything is vanilla..nothing installed on the OS except the Auto Drivers installed by the AutoDriver Installer provided by ASRock, and Windows Updates. All items in Device Manager are good to go.

What am I missing?

My processor is a new i9-13900k

32 GB - Corsair Vengeance DDR5 (default bios so they are not throttled up to 6200 MHz yet)

OS Name     Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version     10.0.19045 Build 19045
Other OS Description      Not Available
OS Manufacturer     Microsoft Corporation
System Name     DESKTOP-4UF2HGG
System Manufacturer     ASRock
System Model     Z790 Taichi Carrara
System Type     x64-based PC
System SKU     To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Processor     13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K, 3000 Mhz, 24 Core(s), 32 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date     American Megatrends International, LLC. 6.04, 2/16/2023
SMBIOS Version     3.5
Embedded Controller Version     255.255
BIOS Mode     UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer     ASRock
BaseBoard Product     Z790 Taichi Carrara
BaseBoard Version     
Platform Role     Desktop
Secure Boot State     Off
PCR7 Configuration     Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory     C:\Windows
System Directory     C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device     \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale     United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer     Version = "10.0.19041.1806"
User Name     DESKTOP-4UF2HGG\Brandon
Time Zone     Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)     32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory     31.8 GB
Available Physical Memory     26.0 GB
Total Virtual Memory     36.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory     29.6 GB
Page File Space     5.00 GB
Page File     C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection     On
Virtualization-based security     Not enabled
Device Encryption Support     Elevation Required to View
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions     Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions     Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware     Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection     Yes

Name     NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
PNP Device ID     PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1B81&SUBSYS_85A01043&REV_A1\4&341CA995&0&0008
Adapter Type     NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, NVIDIA compatible
Adapter Description     NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Adapter RAM     (1,048,576) bytes
Installed Drivers     C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispig.inf_amd64_ee20464bb4ac57f4\nvldumdx.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispig.inf_amd64_ee20464bb4ac57f4\nvldumdx.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispig.inf_amd64_ee20464bb4ac57f4\nvldumdx.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispig.inf_amd64_ee20464bb4ac57f4\nvldumdx.dll
Driver Version     31.0.15.1694
INF File     oem24.inf (Section024 section)
Color Planes     Not Available
Color Table Entries     4294967296
Resolution     1920 x 1080 x 60 hertz
Bits/Pixel     32
Memory Address     0x83000000-0x840FFFFF
Memory Address     0x50000000-0x61FFFFFF
Memory Address     0x60000000-0x61FFFFFF
I/O Port     0x00004000-0x00004FFF
IRQ Channel     IRQ 16
Driver     C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERSTORE\FILEREPOSITORY\NV_DISPIG.INF_AMD64_EE20464BB4AC57F4\NVLDDMKM.SYS (31.0.15.1694, 41.72 MB (43,743,736 bytes), 3/14/2023 4:47 PM)

threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 5:51pm
I have also tested it on this board.
Did you create the Windows 10 USB stick with the media creation tool?
Some people use tools, to get the ISO file on a DVD or USB stick, and actually, when You format a USB stick (can be NTFS) and doubleclicdk on the ISO file, it opens as a virtual DVD driver, the only thing You need to do is, drag the files from the virtua DVD, to Your USB stick.
In the bootmenu (f11) select the UEFI device, Not the USB device, and Windows will install itself in GPT (UEFI) Mode.
When Windows setup starts (only connect the dev ice wehre You want to install Windows onto)
Press Shift f10 to pen a command prompt, and type diskpart, to start diskpart.
Determine which disk (usually zero) you need to wipe, and select it with select disk (0) and when selected use the clean command to clean the partitions.
You can exit diskpart, with the exit, command, and can also exit the command prompt in the same way, and end up in the Windows setup.
Let Windows handle the partitioning.
After the Windows instalaltion, always, first install the chipset drivers (INF), because all other drivers, need it to interface properly, when this is not done, You can have the same issue that You have now.
And create a restore point
Kind Regards
Grizart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grizart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 7:59pm
****FIXED****

Turns out that the ASRock Z790 Taichi Carrarra Bios settings needed to be customized a bit. For the PCI_E 1 Slot I had my graphics card in, I had to set it to GEN5 and force that setting. Once that was done, I went into OS, verified DirectX 12 was installed properly, Installed GeForce Experience, then was able to get updated driver run it as a Custom install removing the old.

This was not the first time I tried to use GeForce Experience, and the only thing I did differently was force the PCIE slot to Gen5. Can't say that was the only thing that contributed to the fix, as I was throwing spitballs at it by this point..but it worked.
Alen021 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alen021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 5:33pm
I have fixed my problem by ending Nvidia GeForce experience task in task manager. https://thegeekpage.com/nvidia-geforce-experience-not-opening/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic