ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

USB 3.0 Ports Slow at 5 MB/s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veridicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USB 3.0 Ports Slow at 5 MB/s
    Posted: 01 May 2016 at 10:03pm
Hello,

I have an H97M-ITX/ac motherboard running Windows 10-64bit and an Intel i5-4460 CPU. The USB 3.0 copy speed is 5 MB/s.  USB drivers are all current with Intel 9 series Chipset drivers.

Any thoughts as to why the speed is so pitifully slow?  Thanks.
gniblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gniblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 8:45am
I had the same problem on my Z97 Extreme6 before installing the Windows 8.1 USB 3.0 drivers. Does this make any sense? Not really. I don't know if installing this driver will create another problem for you, but if it's available I say give it a shot.
Veridicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veridicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 11:42pm
Thank you for the reply.  I found the problem to actually be with the USB drive, as it was operating just as poorly on a separate computer with a 3.0 port.

If ASRock wants to remove this thread that's fine as the problems isn't with ASRock.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic