ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extreme 4 Z390 - memory problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maciejos78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extreme 4 Z390 - memory problem
    Posted: 05 Apr 2023 at 8:36pm
Hello,

Few days ago I bought pair of DDR4 RAM sticks for my Extreme 4 Z390 MoBo. So far I was using 2x16GB Predator (Kingstone) 2666MHz CL13. No issue with them, therefore I looked for exact the same product and I found it. Unfortunately I cannot use them, and here is how it looks:
1) UEFI recognizes 64GB or RAM and starts without any warning beeps
2) System is able to load GRUB loader - I can do selection or change parameters there
3) After making a choice, system freezes, no matter if I'm booting from local disks of external devices

I tried different combination of memory sticks and slots - any presence of new RAM is responsible for freezing, old RAM works flawless.

RAMs are on hardware compatibility list for this MoBo.

Any idea what can I check/test/change in MoBo configuration?
Regards
Maciek
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2023 at 9:47pm
You must have a matched set from the start. One cannot add ram manufactured at a later date. In most cases it will be different. The individual chip can have different characteristics .
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

siberian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siberian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 12:34pm
Try to turn off XMP/OC settings and go to the bottom of RAM OC settings page to turn Fast MRC off and AsRock optimizations on. Save & reboot. If still no luck ??turn the XMP profile on and reboot. Clean your MoBo RAM slots ??high frequency acts like a magnet for any kind of dust. Clean DDR contacts with isopropyl. Repeat XMP off/on reboot steps. Leave only a new ones RAMs plugged into A2 and B2 slots to check how they?™re.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic