ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z690 Pro RS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z690 Pro RS
    Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 9:55pm
The memory controller is NOT on the baord, but integrated in the CPU, and runs optimal at 3200MHz with DDR4, 5600MHz with DDR5
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/230499/intel-core-i913900-processor-36m-cache-up-to-5-60-ghz.html
12th Gen, can handle DDR5 5200MHz
But this board has DDR4 slots
The 2133MHz, is the default speed, specified in the SPD chip on the memory, and XMP is actually overclocking for beginners, it is SUPPOSED to work, on all of the thousands of combinations of chipset, CPU (AMD and Intel) and mainboard, it is far from optimal,. and the so-called memory manufacturers do not guarantee it, in any way.
As far as I know only Crucial (Micron Group) and Samsung are true manufacturers.
https://www.crucial.com/support/articles-faq-memory/truth-about-memory-manufacturers.
And maybe it is not the memory, but the CPU, that simpy cannot handle a 3600MHz overclock.
You could try, to reset the BIOS to defaults, with f9, and save with f10, after reboot, select the XMP profile, but before saving with f10, first, manually set the DRAM Sped to 3200<Hz, and save.
If that doesn't work, reset to default, and use other memory, like Patriot Viper, I have always good results with this brand.

Kind Regards
Asty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 12:19pm
Hey, I've been trying to change my ram speed from 2133mhz to my advertised 3600mhz. But whenever I go save my settings, it still shows as 2133. My xmp is on, I changed it on the oc tuner page, and everything. I also removed the ram and plugged it back in to A2 and B2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic