ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can't boot BIOS after disabling CSM to...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kryptoish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't boot BIOS after disabling CSM to...
    Posted: 06 May 2023 at 12:04pm
Problem: Can't boot BIOS after disabling CSM to enable secure boot.

I am having problem enabling secure boot since there is an issue every time i try in BIOS. It keeps on showing an error that pops up and says "Error: CSM is loaded!". Below it tells me to disable CSM in setup and then reboot (save and exit and come back to BIOS. After I disable CSM, I can't re-enter BIOS and it just gets stuck on a black screen until I force shut it down.

I have now reverted back to default settings by removing the CMOS battery and CSM is enabled again. So then I'm stuck with the same problem. Have searched all over the internet and have tried many methods just to see no progress.

System information below:
MOBO - Asrock B450M-HDV R4.0
BIOS Mode - UEFI
Windows - 11
CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
GPU - Radeon RX 580 Series

Srry if i'm missing stuff, im new to this forum posting here so ask if you need more info about my system or anything

Thank you!
spacednow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spacednow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 7:42am
Just curious. Why enable secure boot? It isn't required. If you have already installed your OS, I wouldn't worry about it. On my motherboard CSM was disabled by default and I couldn't get into the bios either. I had a RX550 (which is close to a RX580 and uefi compatible) but it wouldn't post. I put a GT430 in and it would. But if CSM is enabled, resizable BAR can't be used. Anyway I enabled CSM and then put my RX550 back in. Then when I was installing windows 11 I went back into the bios and disabled CSM, saved and exited during a reboot. It rebooted and finished installing. I've had it disabled ever since.
Make sure fTMP is enabled and Trusted Computing. Make sure the drive you are installing windows on is GPT format. If you start installing 11 and haven't formatted your drive AND CSM is on it could format it as MBR. If you install 11 on an MBR drive it won't be recognized as bootable with CSM off.
Secure boot isn't required for windows 11, the motherboard just has to be CAPABLE.
The more you learn the less you know.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic