ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X670E Taichi and Taichi Carrara, differences £

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelutrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X670E Taichi and Taichi Carrara, differences £
    Posted: 08 May 2023 at 2:43am
Hi all, I am thinking of going with ASRock for my next X670E pc build. I will get an AMD 7950X3D and the G.skill 2x32GB F5-6400J3239G32GX2-TZ5RK64GB .

I've read on a few websites that the X670E Taichi and the X670E Taichi Carrara are supposed to be the same hardware with a different design only, however:
- On the ASRock website the X670E Taichi VRMs are declared as 24@105A for VCore + 1@105A for VCCGT + 2@105A for VCC AUX phases. While for the X670E Taichi Carrara the website shows 24@105A for VCore + 2@105A for VSoc + 1@60A for VDDMisc phases.
- The same version of the compressed BIOS 1.24 file size for the X670E Taichi is 10.76MB , while for the X670E Taichi Carrara is 10.46MB, and such a compressed size difference points to some very different component firmwares for the hardware of the two motherboards.

So my question is: What is the real difference between these two motherboards ? And what is the effect of this difference ?

I have read the available reviews on the two motherboards and I am not looking for the same generic statements, I would like to actually receive a definitive answer with the reasons and technical details behind the differences between the two boards.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 5:37pm
Good question. I suspect someone would have to own both boards and run some very
specific tests to answer it though. You could try firing off a support ticket to
ASRock and ask them directly, I find they tend to be very accommodating when it
comes to this kind of thing.

http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic