ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

CPU + DRAM red light

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasySan2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CPU + DRAM red light
    Posted: 08 May 2023 at 6:33pm
MB: Asrock B560 Steel Legend
CPU: Core i5-11600

Hi,

yesterday my pc did reboot all of sudden and i got just a black screen.

After i opened the pc i did see the red light für CPU and DRAM. All fans are standing still only the GPU fan is working at 100%.

My wife has a simular setup with a Asrock B560M Pro4 so i took her CPU and RAM, same issue, CPU and DRAM red light. After that i took the 24pin ATX and 8pin CPU connector from her board and plugged it into mine. That way i didnt had to move the entire PSU from one pc to another.

So its the same, red CPU and DRAM lights and the fans are try to spin up for half a second but then standing still.

Im assume that the board is broken, right? Its nearly 22 months old and i didnt had any problems before.

Thanks in advance
The_Nephilim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Nephilim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 5:15pm
well it could be a fault with the RAM or CPU not nessacarily the mobo..

well it sounds like the board. did you try and reset CMOS?? if that dont work see if your board is still under warranty and contact ASRock for a warranty I think they are 2 years?? not sure on that so I would check first..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic