ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

WP voltage controlling issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nsns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WP voltage controlling issue
    Posted: 18 May 2023 at 8:15am
Hello,

My MB is B460M-ITXac, after installing a custom loop with a Laing DDC water pump, the pump can only operate at full speed.

If I chose something other than full speed in BIOS (performance, standard or silent) the pump randomly shuts down and starts again after 15-20sec maybe more at full speed again, and then repeats the process.

The pump is Laing DDC pump 12V DDC-1RT with a max power consumption 13.08W and it's connected to CHA_FAN1/WP header.

The_Nephilim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Nephilim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 5:01pm
Hello, are you referring to the fans or the pump speed to circulate the water?
nsns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nsns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 6:22pm
Hi,

I'am talking about pump speed, now it's set full speed and the problem is as described if i chose something other then that.
The pump doesn't reduce speed in other profiles only shuts down and power up in full speed after some period.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Nephilim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 8:27pm
Yes that is wierd. I am unsure if the profiles are gonna regulate the speed of the pump.. does the pump have a 4 pin connector?
nsns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nsns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 9:35pm
The profiles should regulate speed by decreasing voltage because I set Water Pump/DC mode for that header. The MB does support voltage regulating for water pumps. But something is not working as it should.

The pump has a Molex connector for power with 2 wires and one wire in 3 pin connector for reading speed and is connected to MB trow adapter 3pin-12v-to-4pin-molex-12v

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Nephilim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 12:37am
well if it is anythnig how a PWM fan is controlled you need a 4 pin small connector that goes to the motherboard..

From what you say it only has 3. I could be wrong but I think that is what might be the problem.
nsns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nsns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 12:50am
You are correct, but I am not trying to control the pump with PWM but with voltage control (DC).

https://www.linkpicture.com/q/Capture_127.jpg
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Nephilim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 1:51am
hmm well I am not sure how that works but maybe try and ask the pump manufacter.
nsns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nsns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 3:23pm
No need for that, bcs pump is working, ok?
There is simple DC motor in pump that support voltage from 6-13v and rpm of the pump can be lowered by decreasing voltage, simple as that.

I will tray to hook the pump to the psu directly with 12v--->9v regulator between them and if
that is working then problem is in Asrock voltage regulatorfor WP header.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic