ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can Asrock B550 Pro4 run 5950x without GPU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ahrasis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahrasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can Asrock B550 Pro4 run 5950x without GPU
    Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 3:35pm
Thank you for your advise and support. Just to update and for other users' / intended users' information / knowledge, I managed to get hold on to ASRock B550 Pro4 and with updated BIOS 2.71, I managed to get 5950x to start even without a GPU installed.

However, one of its ram slot (B1 slot) is faulty, causing the system cannot get pass the start up, thus wise, I made a report and claimed its warranty. Hopefully, I will get a new replacement soon.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2023 at 12:00am
This is a community forum, the only way someone will know the answer is if they
have used the board in the way you intend to. You can try send a PM to:

ASRock_TSD

That is the account ASRock's tech support staff use here on the forums.

Good luck.
ahrasis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahrasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2023 at 7:33am
Thank you for the response Mr Moderator. I haven't bought it yet and I need the info to make that decision that is why I made the enquiry in here. Plus, I do not have any details of BIOS, serial number whatsoever that is required since I haven't bought it yet.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2023 at 12:30am
Open up a support ticket with ASRock and ask them directly, they will be able to
give you a detailed response, BIOS version required (if any), settings necessary
etc:

http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp
ahrasis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahrasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 3:01pm
I would to know if an Asrock B550 Pro4 will run AMD Ryzen 9 5950x without GPU? I plan to buy it and run a home server with it, if that is truly possible. I read at Reddit that Asrock B550 Steel Legend run 5950x without GPU, so I need confirmation since this model is might be a bit different. Thank you in advance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic