ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z790 M.2 boot issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Remy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z790 M.2 boot issue
    Posted: 12 Jun 2023 at 8:35am
Hello I have a z790 motherboard PG riptide with the BIOS updated to 6.05 and the cmos was cleared.
I can install Windows onto the sn850x m.2 and run Windows update at which point Windows will automatically reboot to continue running updates and this works perfectly fine but the problem comes when I turn off the computer and turn the computer back on again it does not boot into Windows and just stuck on the asrock logo.
I am able to boot into the BIOS where I could still see the device listed as windows boot able manager. The m.2 is installed in the m2_1 slot on the motherboard.
I have had the one stick of m.2 installed and everything removed and same problem. I am not sure at all what I need to change.
Any ideas what might be the Problem?

Full specs are:
Z790 pg riptide
i9 13900k
128gb ddr5 ram
3x 4tb sn850x m.2 (one of these is the main boot drive)
1x 2tb sn850x m.2
Rtx 4090 strix
1200 watt psu atx 3 certified.
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 11:22pm
Best to use the support form, and check your spam folder for repleis
https://tw.asrock.com/events/tsd.asp
Kind Regards
Gammafilter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gammafilter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 9:21am
Same issue. After windows update a power off and power on sometimes doesn't boot. Needs multiple power cycles to get windows 11 to boot.
Gammafilter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gammafilter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 11:51pm
Figured it out! I had to unplug all usb's. Then it would sometimes boot to bios. I then plugged in keyboard and mouse. And update Bios to latest version. (Put rom on a fat 32 usb before hand). Durring bios upgrade power cycle I experenced a hang and had to remove keyboard and mouse again so it could boot. After holding my breath, it eventually updated. Boot issue is gone now and it's humming along.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic