ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X99e-itx & riser card

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X99e-itx & riser card
    Posted: 06 May 2016 at 11:00pm
Hi,

Does the x99e-itx support using a riser card (with two pcie x8 slots in it)

Thanks,

Nox
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 11:42pm
Since your board has only one PCIe x16 slot, knowing what the purpose of using a riser card would help us answer your question.

Also, the riser card model is... ?
nox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 3:49pm
I would put two gpu's on it :). I haven't purchased one yet, I would only do that if I knew they were compatible.

For example I was looking at this one:

http://www.mypccase.com/pcduricawfls.html

Which mention asrock motherboards, but I need to check to see if it's compatible.

Nox

Edited by nox - 08 May 2016 at 5:19pm
nox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 6:05pm
no answer :( 

Nox
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by nox nox wrote:

I would put two gpu's on it :). I haven't purchased one yet, I would only do that if I knew they were compatible.

For example I was looking at this one:

http://www.mypccase.com/pcduricawfls.html

Which mention asrock motherboards, but I need to check to see if it's compatible.

Nox

Originally posted by nox nox wrote:

no answer :( 

Nox

Probably no answer because the page in your link has eight different products on it.

Then after looking at each one, I don't see any mention of ASRock boards.

The few that include chipset and boards references are old chipsets (Intel D900 series), and some Tyan mother boards. Confused

I don't see anything about PCIe 3.0 support, or for use with video cards.

So your link must be wrong, or do you just want someone to tell you which of any riser card will work?

Sorry, I've never used one, so cannot help you with that.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 12:43am
What you are after is Bifurcation support (splitting an x16 slot into 2 x8 slots) and so far as I am aware the X99e-ITX does support it but you need to purchase a compatible riser. I would contact Tech Support directly and ask them to recommend a riser for you that will work.
nox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 3:29am
@parsec

thanks for checking, it looks like the page my link went to no longer exists and redirects to the product category page now - a tad irritating, and confusing :( but many thanks for looking at them - it looks like they have removed it now :(

@Xaltar

that's brilliant, thank you very much

Nox
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic