ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Build Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Undervolting Asrock B760

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imaterial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Undervolting Asrock B760
    Posted: 25 Jun 2023 at 1:03pm
Hello, I want to know how to adjust and undervolting at B760, all I see on the website is the Z series or other products,

this happened when I notice that my CPU 13700KF hit 100 degrees even before 100% load, that was my mistake in choosing 280cm AIO kyo sama and I thought I can tame 13700kf.

ubronan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubronan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2023 at 2:22am
I would simply sell the Cooler and buy a new one so you have a fitting cooler setup.
Most people who buy Intel cpu never really check how insane hot the new generation of Intel cpu's become
I actually always tell them to buy a huge cooler and tell them that it will still hit it's limit pretty darn quick as it need most of the time an uncomfortable high revs running water cooler
I am not even talking about the big gun which actually is almost always too hot for normal people who do not wanna play with excessive cooling solutions and alot of tweaking and tinkering to shave of some of the insane heat it produces.
I do not blame the users who bought this but Intel in it's infinte wisdom and not being able to really have a solution other than making again a power slurping monster which of course heats up enormous does make a fast cpu but in my view not a winner.
The fact that it is insane power hungry and is beaten in games on many cases by a about 80 watt using AMD cpu says enough.
Intel needs to get onto the smaller die factor quick as a power slurper cpu is not the right answer.
mdskfx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdskfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 4:41am
not sure if you have moved on or you figured out how to make this set up work. I just got done undervolting/overclocking my i5-12600K on the Z690 phantom gaming. I found where other people had overclockced the P-cores individually and left the E-cores set. When I tried their voltage settings my system would crash of thermal throttle in R23 benchmark. I was using intel XTU to do quick changes and found out that I was needing to undervolt and not add voltage to the CPU. I'm not 100% sure if all ASRock Bios are the same, but after doing some digging, I was finally able to find where to put the voltage in on the Bios level. In the "OC Tweeker" menu, go to the FIVR file and open it up. Down on the 5th should be "Core Voltage Offset" if you have an "Offset Prefix" line this is where you will put in the +/-. If you don't have this line, then you will put the "-" in the Voltage Offset line. Down father you can also change the E-core Voltage Offset and apply the same technique. Hopefully this helps if you still have this setup and you just didn't decide for the stock settings.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic