ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ASRock B550M Steel Legend M.2 Socket (Key E) lanes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock B550M Steel Legend M.2 Socket (Key E) lanes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teaberryou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock B550M Steel Legend M.2 Socket (Key E) lanes
    Posted: 24 Jul 2023 at 5:39am
Hi, I need some help with info about the number of lanes on M.2 Socket (Key E) on ASRock B550M Steel Legend, the socket used for wifi.
I'm planning on using the motherboard with AMD Ryzen 7 5700G CPU and Google Coral "M.2 Accelerator with Dual Edge TPU", but I'm not sure about the compatibility between Coral Accelerator and motherboard.
Specs for Dual Edge TPU says it requires "M.2 E-key (with two PCIe Gen2 x1 lanes)*", with the folowing description for the requirement:
* Although the M.2 Specification (section 5.1.2) declares E-key sockets provide two instances of PCIe x1, most manufacturers provide only one. To use both Edge TPUs, be sure your socket connects both instances to the host.
Full description for Google Coral is here: https://coral.ai/products/m2-accelerator-dual-edgetpu/

PS:Sorry to bother you with this question, but I haven't found anything researching on the internet or on the official documentation for the motherboard.
PSS: Sorry for my english if I've made grammar mistakes, it's not my first language.
george79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 4:39pm
Hi. I have similar problem witch X570S board. Did You try to use The M.2 Accelerator with Dual Edge TPU? Did it work?
teaberryou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teaberryou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 5:06pm
Hi. I didn't try to use the M.2 Accelerator because I haven't got it; with no reply from this forum, I didn't move forward into buying the accelerator and I've forgot about it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic