ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

J3355B-ITX - CMOS Date/Time Not Set

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devhbesystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: J3355B-ITX - CMOS Date/Time Not Set
    Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 6:43pm

Hi everyone,
i have purchased a number of these motherboards: J3355B-ITX

And this problem occurs on all motherboards that i have purchased.

The problem is this: when there are power surges on the customer's house (electricity goes out and then comes back), the computer does not restart by itself (despite the dedicated property in the bios active [Restore on AC/power lost]), or in any case it does not start correctly.
Instead of booting properly, the message "CMOS Date/Time Not Set" appears (image 1).

If I abruptly turn off the power (by unplugging the power cord), and then plug the cord back in, the computer always starts up fine.
The problem only occurs with power surges.

Other useful information:
- bios is update (P1.90)
- the cmos battery is charged (3.23 volts)
- once the CMOS error occurs, there is no way to restart the computer (without pressing F1). If I turn the computer off and on again, the CMOS error still pops up. If instead I disconnect the CMOS battery and reconnect it (the same CMOS battery), the computer restarts correctly

I have looked in the BIOS settings, but have not found any way to disable this BIOS error, and thus allow the customer's computer to reboot properly without having to press the F1 button.

Thank you

image 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wCwr2txU_W8rWYKCPtETFVCrj2-tQFcK/view
image 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_NUH4kzSbVK3Zvj9yG1ZVjk04mCWzYx-/view

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic