ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X670E Taichi Unable to find BIOS Image

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gridsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X670E Taichi Unable to find BIOS Image
    Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 11:50pm
I purchased my mobo about 3 months ago and need to update the bios, as I've heard there are some decent AMD improvements. I've had nothing but ASUS boards my entire life, so this was my first time dealing with ASRock. Seems to be pretty simple to download the bios and extract it onto a FAT32 USB, right? Every time I restart and try to EZFLASH, it can't find any image. I've tried using other USB ports, nothing is working.

I've done all the tutorials on formatting the USB properly in disk partition and all that. It's a USB3.0 drive, as all my ports are USB 3. I have read some places say you need a USB2, but that seems highly outdated. I need to know what to do...I swear when I bought the thing, I updated the bios with the same USB stick when I boot tested to train the ram and all that.

Any ideas?
M440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2023 at 2:21am
my b650m-hdv/m.2 would not detect bios on a certain drive when I used "flashback" option,

if you are certain the board worked with this perdrive, than it should work, but trying other would be good.

also - You downloaded and uncompressed the correct bios image to the drive?
asrock b650m/hdv.m2, ryzen 7700x@85watt
Stampede89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stampede89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2023 at 3:36am
You need to plug in the usb into the flashback port. I learned that the hard way. It is marked by an outline around the port just like the flashback button.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic