ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Two red leds on Z290Steel Legend after 1 day usage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Two red leds on Z290Steel Legend after 1 day usage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pkapfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two red leds on Z290Steel Legend after 1 day usage
    Posted: 28 Jul 2023 at 6:35pm
I have installed and configured the computer without any issues.
64 Gb of Corsair 2x32 Gb) Ram, Intel I9 LGA 1700 13th.
GetForce RTX 4070 Windforce 12 Gb
I have installed Windows 11 without any issue.
I have updated all drivers and all Windows 11 drivers.
Everything was fine after multiple reboot!
I have configured the Getforce to have 2 screens in one, that was very good.
Then before going to bed, I have started the download of Flight SImulator.

Coming back at the morning and wanted to test Flight simulator with my new computer.....I only have seen a black screen, and no way to have something on 1 or 2 screens I have tried Dsiplay port and with HDMI. I have globally tested 3 different screens with two different cables.

So day 2 I tried to figure out why and how to solve the issue.
After some research I have seen 2 red leds CPU + DRAM.

What I have tested so far without any success:
- I have tried different cables and different screens
- I have removed the Getforce card and tried to use the internal Graphic card with different cables and screens
- I have tried to reset the CMOS by removing the battery for 5 min with the power cable out.
- I have tried to test remove and plug again the Dram
- I have tested each Dram separately
- I have reconfigured and checked the connexion on the PANEL part (however that worked)
- I have pluged out and reconnected all power supply cables (that worked before, so should not be the problem)
- I have written to the support, they send me back where I have bought the mainboard.

So, I am lost now. I had a functional computer and just after one night in stop working correctly. I am very disappointed.

What can I test or do now ?

If someone else look at this forum before buying this brand, I strongly recommend you to go to another brand. I really don't like the feeling I have to remove everything and to send this motherboard back for reparation. After only 2 days, that is really not possible !!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic