ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD and Intel Graphics Card
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 6650XT - Fan Curve not working / much higher RPM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

6650XT - Fan Curve not working / much higher RPM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qwertyaas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6650XT - Fan Curve not working / much higher RPM
    Posted: 07 Aug 2023 at 7:21am
I'm trying to set a fan curve on my ASRock 6650XT Challenger (dual fan), but setting the fan at 20% adjusts the RPM to 1300-1400. Unless I set the fan to auto or zero fan, the fan won't go under that speed with manual control.

I tried with both Adrenaline and ASRock Tweak.

When I look at GPU-Z, it's showing the fans running at 39% when adrenaline is 20%. When I update the fan to 30% in adrenaline, GPU-Z shows 50%.

I set it back to auto for now with zero-RPM and idling at 43-45C; anyone else have issues with the fan curve speed not being correct?

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600

Mobo - Asus x370 Pro

RAM - 2x8gb Ballistix

GPU - AsRock 6650XT Challenger

PSU - EVGA 750w supernova g1+

Do ASRock cards just not allow for manual control below certain (1300-1400RPM) fan speeds, or it's the card itself?
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 11:39am
Dear Qwertyaas,

Thank you for posting your query to the ASRock forum.

The minimum speed of the fan would be around 1500 RPM. (At the next level the fan will completely stop spinning)

This will be the specification of the fan on the graphics card.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic