ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X670E Steel Legend BIOS Bugs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wallboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X670E Steel Legend BIOS Bugs
    Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 1:10pm
Couple bugs I've noticed on the X670E Steel Legend (1.28)

I have a M.2 drive in M2_1 and another one in M2_2. I wanted to make sure to install Windows on the M2_1 drive. So I went into the PROM21 Secondary PCIE Options and changed all the ports from "Auto" to "Disabled" to effectively disable M2_2. This worked great! Only my M2_1 drive showed up after this, so I could install Windows on it, and not worry about Windows trying to throw EFI/Recovery partitions on my M2_2 drive.

After installation was complete, I went back into BIOS and set back all those Secondary PROM21 PCIE Options back to "Auto". However, doing this kept them disabled, as my M2_2 drive did not show up. I had to set them all to "Enable", and then it started working again. Maybe this is intentional?

The second, and most annoying issue I've been having, is that every BIOS setting I make, such as simply changing "WAN Radio" from Enabled/Disabled, or even simply changing a Boot Priority settings causes the memory retraining to happen all over again when I save and exit.

And when I have DDR5 6000 64GB kit with EXPO enabled, that means nearly a 10 minute memory retraining EVERY time I change a single thing in the BIOS, even if it's a setting not even related to memory.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic