ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock B650M-HDV/M.2 not posting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanb1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock B650M-HDV/M.2 not posting
    Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 12:06pm
I have two of these for builds, paired with Ryzen 5 7600 CPUs. I have GPUs coming (PNY Quadros) but they're not here. These have onboard however so that shouldn't matter. The board lists these as compatible with at least 1.17 bios and the boards have 1.21. The RAM is Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 CMK32GX5M2B5600C36. Neither board posts and both stick on the CPU/RAM lights, with both lit solid red.

Is there something I'm missing with these boards? Is this RAM for some reason not compatible?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 4:05pm
Try this:

Install a single stick of RAM in slot A2
Make sure your CPU power cable is connected (8pin, should be a 4+4 connector)
See if the system will POST like this, leave it on for 5 - 10 mins to allow for
memory training (typically first post only)
If that fails, follow the steps here: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=630&title=how-to-clear-cmos-via-battery-removal to clear CMOS and try again.
seanb1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanb1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 10:53pm
I should have mentioned I tried all of those steps, except letting it sit for ten minutes. Keep in mind this is happening on two systems that are identical. The RAM compatibility chart mentions it needs v 4.43.02 on this RAM, and these are 5.33.01, but I would assume higher versions would work, just not lower, otherwise they're essentially saying they won't work with corsair ram since you can't typically identify ram versions before buying. But maybe this is the case.

The POST lights for RAM and CPU never change - they come on right away and never blink or cycle. So it seems like a hard stop is happening on both.
seanb1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanb1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 11:00pm
So it did come up after I let it sit for maybe 8 minutes - this is definitely a new thing. Is this what AM5 platforms do now? This is my first AM5 build - done at least 100+ AM4 builds and never experienced that before.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 11:35pm
Memory training was an issue on AM4 early on too. As the AGESA matures and standards
settle we should see this normalize. I take it the systems are up and running now?
seanb1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanb1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 11:36pm
Doing one at a time but yes windows is loaded - thanks for the tip. I'm sure the other one will be fine too.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 12:50am
Awesome, glad to hear it

Enjoy the builds
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic