ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Restore ram's default RGB effect

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fede4justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Restore ram's default RGB effect
    Posted: 13 Sep 2023 at 10:55pm
Hi, I am experiencing with my ram's RGB. First of all, sorry for my not-perfect English. I have a Z790 Steel Legend Wifi, and my ram are Gskill Trident Z5.

A few days ago I installed ASRock Polychrome (the version on my motherboard's support page) to change the motherboard's RGBs without going into the bios each time, except that I accidentally changed the ram RGBs as well. However, Polychrome's rgb effects did not match well with my ram's LEDs (they were not smooth), so I uninstalled it and went back to using the BIOS to control the RGBs. The problem is that despite uninstalling it (I tried both classic uninstall and with Revo Uninstaller Portable), the rams continue to be commanded by the motherboard when Windows starts.
I would like to bring back the default rgb effect of the ram.
I have tried installing Gskill's software, and it works, but it only works if it is open, otherwise the motherboard continues to have priority control over the memories.

I don't know if can be a useful info, but i also use Corsair iCue software to control other devices, but it cannot control ram/motherboard so there shouldn't be issues with it.

How can I solve this problem? Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic