ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

A520M-HDV CPU freq. setting, can't find

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZgene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A520M-HDV CPU freq. setting, can't find
    Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 8:49am
It's a Ryzen 7 5700X in the A520M-HDV motherboard. BIOS version 2.10. Just wanting to boost the CPU clock, from default 3400, to maybe 3600 or 3800. A Google search points me to "CPU core ratio" or "CPU Freqeuncy & Voltage Change" but those choices do not appear in the BIOS screens. (Or, in earlier MB's with a 7 1700 CPU, a settable "CPU Frequency.") I'm looking in the OC Tweaker page but not finding anything. The Bus-clock is adjustable but not what I want - and lots of cautions about undesired side effects.
Do I need a later BIOS version? There are many updates beyond the 2.10 that I have, but Asrock documents claim that the 5700X is supported at the 2.10 version. The BIOS version index is pretty skimpy on exactly what was updated from one version to the next - is there, somewhere, a more detailed BIOS "release notes" that might answer this question?
Is this option hidden because of some other BIOS setting I've chosen?
AZgene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AZgene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2023 at 12:38am
Never mind... I have found the answer. While the 5700X is indeed unlocked and allows overclocking, the motherboard must also support that feature. In my case, the A520M does NOT support CPU overclocking so that's why the BIOS options are not found.   Duh...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic