ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No chipset RGB on B650E PG Riptide WiFi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No chipset RGB on B650E PG Riptide WiFi
    Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 12:27pm
Hey all. I have a brand new B650E PG Riptide WiFi that was working flawlessly until recently. The BIOS's LED controls worked on two RGB fans on RGBA headers as well as the RGB in the chipset's cover/heatsink.

Then I had to start tinkering, didn't I, with PolyChrome, SignalRGB, and OpenRGB. I'm sure PolyChrome knew what it was doing but either SignalRGB or OpenRGB decided the half-dozen LEDs under the chipset cover didn't exist, and vanished them. Nothing I do will turn them back on again.

My goal is to get back to BIOS control of the chipset and fan LEDs, nice and simple. The fans are good - they are breathing away at me now, but the chipset is dark. I have reset the CMOS, left the thing without power overnight, used the BIOS options to restore LED behaviour and turn them off and on, and run WriteFW.bat.

I'm not too surprised that WriteFW.bat didn't work since there was no mention of the B650E PG Riptide in its configuration and the last step is almost immediate (I'd expect a firmware upgrade to take a little time).

The only thing I haven't tried is downgrading the BIOS.

Any suggestions?

I'm not too cut up about those LEDs not working, but I broke them so I sort of have to fix them, if you get me.

Thanks in advance.
toosumit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toosumit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 10:45pm
Hey, I did the same mistake. Were you able to find a solution?
ard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 6:57am
Hey. No solution yet. In fact, further tinkering removed the fan LEDs from my control as well, but upgrading to PolyChrome 2.0.161 or the Restore_to_PreviousFW in ASRockDynamicLighting v20240105 brought them back. I can't say for sure which did it, but if I had to put money on it it'd be UpdateFW.cmd in Restore_to_PreviewFW. Which has gone from the board's downloads page (?).

I also upgraded the BIOS to 2.06.AS03.

Next is PolyChrome 2.0.168. I'm not expecting any joy there.

If there isn't a way to do a factory reset from software, maybe the BIOS reset jumper will do it. I don't care enough about the chipset LEDs to bother with that (it's kind of hidden behind the graphics card, and the PC is on the floor anyway), but do you want to give it a go?

toosumit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toosumit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 9:38am
Do not bother with jumpers. I guess I have tried everything thing. Upgrading bios(twice), resetting CMOS and I am currently running PolyChrome 2.0.168. Nothing fixes it.
ard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 10:10am
Shame.

For future people, the Win11 dynamic lighting support is not currently linked from the web site but is still fetchable, and Restore_to_PreviewFW/UpdateFW.cmd got the fan LEDs working again.

https://download.asrock.com/Utility/Others/ASRockDynamicLighting(v20240105).zip

ard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2024 at 1:23pm
I assume you got that link working in the end.

Learned a little more: even if you're not planning on using ASRock's asrrgbled (PolyChrome) to run the LEDs, you can use it to swap red and green on the fans, then quit it. After that, Win11's dynamic lighting (and perhaps other RGB controlling apps) will get the colours right, if they don't have their own red/green swap.
ard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 3:22pm
@toosumit note there's another thread in a similar vein
https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=27638

No luck there either.
sashiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sashiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2024 at 7:26pm
Hello guys, I faced the exact same problem and I tinkered with the same softwares,signalrgb, openrgb and polychrome and the issue happened after using polychrome, aio pump and radiator fans spinning but no rgb.

My specs:
Windows 10
b650e pg riptide wifi
t-force 6000 cl30
rx 7800 xt
ryzen 5 7600x

On the other forum I followed these steps:
1- Uninstall Polychrome RGB
2- Remove the folder ASRRGBLED from Program Files(x86)/ASRock Utility/
3- Turn off your computer
4- Unplug the power cord from the computer for a few minutes (I waited 5 mins)
5- Plug it back and turn on your computer
6- Run ? UpdateFW.bat??from ? Restore_to_PreviousFW?? (I skipped this step)

I downloaded the file @ard linked (it's a direct download):
https://download.asrock.com/Utility/Others/ASRockDynamicLighting(v20240105).zip

Extract the folder and go to Restore_to_PreviewFW then run UpdateFW.cmd

Now install polychrome (version I installed is 2.0.161)

When you click on the addressable rgb header (on polychrome) on the right there is an option called: addressable LED number. Keep increasing the number until the fans rgb start working. This is how I got it to work.

Even tho everything is working now but my RAM is not really displaying the same colours as the rest of componenet, like if the fans and aio pump/radiator display blue for example, the RAM would display pink.

I will try to uninstall polychrome and see what happens. I will update if I find anything.
sashiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sashiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2024 at 11:44pm
I forgot to mention that LEDs/RGB on the motherboard are still not working (please Asrock give us a fix).

Motherboard Bios: 2.08.AS01 [Beta]
Polychrome version: 2.0.161

I still get the issue from time to time so I have to restart my PC sometimes to get it to work.
Katana1074 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katana1074 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2024 at 8:30pm
Hi there...

I`ve had that problem with my x670e taichi, fortunately re-flashing the previous led firmware solved it for me...

Please be aware that running multiple rgb software causes huge problems like you describe...

Uninstall all rgb software other than polychrome...

failing that, get in touch with ASRock support, there pretty good to be honest...

https://tw.asrock.com/events/tsd.asp

Regards
CPU: RYZEN 7950x | Motherboard: ASROCK X670E TAICHI | GPU: MSI RTX4090 LIQUID X 24GB | RAM: FURY X DDR5 C40 | Hard Drive: INTEL OPTANE 900P 480GB,1 x SAMSUNG 980 PRO 2TB,2 X ADATA S8200X 2TB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic