ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B650E PG Riptide WiFi ATX Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dasfaust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B650E PG Riptide WiFi ATX Issues
    Posted: 15 Oct 2023 at 9:04pm
Ordered a new B650E PG Riptide Wifi ATX board, AMD Ryzen 5 7600X, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5200. Reused my Samsung NVME, RX5700XT and 1000w PSU from my previous build.

DRAM and CPU lights are on, solid RED, no blinking.

Currently the only thing installed is 2 sticks of RAM and NVME

First time I powered the system on, I got RGB lights, and nothing else. Removed RAM sticks (4x in total) and tried just 2, then tried just 1 in each slot. RGB, nothing, fans would start up, and stop spinning.

Eventually, I tried flashback with the newest BIOS firmware, didn't work, so I did the flashback with an older BIOS firmware, still nothing but RGB.

Flashed an older BIOS Firmware, removed the CMOS battery, unplugged PSU, let it set for about 10 minutes, reinstalled the CMOS battery, the fans spin with the RGB on the motherboard on. But I'm still getting the DRAM and CPU lights on.

I have reseated the CPU, and tried each slot for RAM a few times.
Skybuck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skybuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 9:28pm
It needs memory training first, did you do that ?
johnxy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 1:34am
remove rx 5700 xt first, use the cpu Radeon core for diagnosis.
try bios version 1.21. some versions are picky on memory.
Dasfaust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dasfaust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 2:35am
As in let it sit for 3 to 5 minutes? Will anything show up on screen? This is my first AM5 build.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 3:05am
The first post on a new build, particularly with AM5, can take quite a while.
Install a single stick of RAM in slot A2 and use the built in display output without
a GPU installed. Power on the system and let it sit for 20mins. I have seen a few
systems take up to 10mins to train the RAM and power on. If that gets you up and
running you can then add the other RAM stick to slot B2 and power on again. If all
is still well then install the GPU. It's typically only the first boot that takes
a while. Once the system is configured it should power on almost instantly from
then on.
Dasfaust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dasfaust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 4:56am
It has been more than 30 minutes now and no post screen yet.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 5:21am
Do you have the 8pin (4+4) CPU power cable connected to the motherboard?
Dasfaust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dasfaust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 5:37am
yes 4+4 CPU power is connected
Dasfaust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dasfaust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 5:45am
I purchased a Ryzen 5 7600, and have it installed with the same issues. 1 Stick of RAM in A2 slot.
Rafaelsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rafaelsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2023 at 4:44pm
Hello,

how did it ended up?

I have an similar problem.

I have the same Mainboard with a Ryzen 7 7800 x3d and Corsair VENGEANCE RGB DDR5 RAM 32GB.
The two red LED fpr DRAM and CPU are on if the PC is off.
I can start and have Win 11 installed and have some speed issues.
Office and VLC are really slow and sometimes the startup will not work.
Its like yours fans are spinnig a moment and then it turns off.

Deinstalling the Ram helps.

What did you do to fix yout computer?
Thanks in advance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic