ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X760E PGLightning issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zutar80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X760E PGLightning issue
    Posted: 16 Oct 2023 at 3:59am
Hi everyone

Hoping someone can help, I already sent a support request to ASRock, but trying my luck here too.

Just finished a new built yesterday, but cannot make it work.

Components

MB: Asrock X670E PG Lightning
CPU: AMD Rzyen 7 7700X
RAM: G.SKILL Flare X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 5600
M.2 SS: Samsung EVO PRO 680 2TB
PSU: Corsair RM850X
GPU: Using currently onboard as I will transfer my GPU from old computer.

Issues:

On first boot, nothing was showing up after few minutes. My first thought was to upgrade BIOS. So I did installed 1.24 as it looked the best between this and 1.28. Upgraded via flashback, all good. Booted again, got some display and was able to enter BIOS. Did some settings (Change date/time, adjust fan profile to standard instead of silent) then saved and exit.

Plugged in my USB stick to install Windows 11, didn't worked, went to BIOS again to try to boot from USB, did save and exit, this time BIOS froze and had to reset the PC. On this next boot, windows started installing. Completed installed, then on reboot, computer kept rebooting (and sometime shutting down and restart, as I heard PSU click noise). After some play around, was able to get to windows, but it freeze again at login screen.

What I did so far:

Re-seat CPU, RAM and SSD.
Clear CMOS
Tried to swap ram modules, tried with each modules alone in slot B2
I have tried to release pressure on CPU cooler (PE assassin 120) as I had read in some places that this could help

I have flashed the bios to the latest 1.30AS02 beta and same thing. So far, BIOS is freezing 9 times out of 10 when trying to save and exit from BIOS.

Thanks for anyone who could think of something!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic