ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

New build with 14700K

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alecs53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New build with 14700K
    Posted: 22 Oct 2023 at 5:00am
I bought a 14700K for a new build and was planning to use a Steel Legend Z790 board. My question is how do I know that it has an updated bios? I went to a local Micro Center and the board they had had a July date on the box. Does that tell me anything about the bios? The salesmen said that the Steel Legend does not have a flashback feature, so I'd be stuck if the bios was too old. Is that correct? Thanks for any help.
Darkje View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2023 at 6:07am
on some other brand board the cpu worked, but pcie1 and the m2 slots from the cpu didn't, chipset pcie did work. could flash the bios anyway and then it worked, don't know if will be the same on z790 legend.
alecs53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alecs53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2023 at 7:14am
Thanks for the input. I did see a post on Toms Hardware from someone who tried the same combination I was planning and it didn't even post. So I decided that I didn't want to take the risk and I have another brand board on order that is supposed to be already 14th gen compatible and it also has a flashback feature. It is going to cost me a little more and maybe not be quite as good a match for what I wanted, but I guess this what happens with these "refresh" generations.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic