ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X670e taichi aio cooling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VonV3in Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X670e taichi aio cooling
    Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 12:33am
Hi, tell me manx - is it possible to do damage for socket pins by cooling? Too much press or something? I meet with opinion - am5 is created for prevent this type of damage. My first montage over in service, and i'm trying to find where i did mistake
Board is x670e taichi, and 7600 processor

Very thanks for all opinions
Best regards
Kordian
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 6:03am
It is possible to damage the socket and/or the board with too much mounting pressure yes.
The socket is less likely to be damaged as the pins simply push out of alignment
and should return to the correct alignment when the pressure is released. The board
however can suffer stress fractures in the traces around the socket.

Try removing the CPU and leaving it out for half an hour or so to allow the pins
to settle back to their correct positions. Then you can reinstall the CPU and
test the system again, with less mounting pressure. Snug is good, tight is bad.
I typically snug down until the screws/bolts are finger tight then snug down about
a half turn or so. You should not have any flex in the board.
VonV3in View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VonV3in Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2023 at 1:58am
Tell me, one more thing - often happends single bent pins after just installing procesor? I want install procesor and watch whether pins are complete after uninstall, and install again if all will be ok. I am little bit afraid because last time i failed probably because i touched socked by finger before i started mounting. That was my first contact with computers after ten years, i really dont think, that pieces are now so sensitive. So tell me how big is the chance to break down something on this stage of mounting? Can i calmly put in processor and do the cotter down, and back; put cotter up and pull procesor?
Or tell me - better way is just mount processor and dont uninstall anything - just go forward - mounts cooling and dont looking anything just power on system and start installing? Here are three way mount and unmount finishes ok, mount and unmount finishes in service, or mount dont check anything go forward and be happy with working system. Possibly when i need change processor open valve and check how are pins if they are tired go with thems to service - and operation repeat after every situation when i need put new procesor
Really i'm curious what You tell.

Again thanks for all answers
And best regards Kordian
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic