ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

nvme ssd issue on x99 extreme4 motherboard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lightningstrike46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nvme ssd issue on x99 extreme4 motherboard
    Posted: 13 Nov 2023 at 9:56am
i have an asrock x99 extreme 4 motherboard with an i7 5820k and running bios version 3.81 and it doesn't seem to recognize my samsung 990 pro 2TB nvme ssd. any advice or solutions?
lightningstrike46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lightningstrike46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2023 at 5:04am
just a quick update, I have tried changing where my video card is, changed and unplugged all sata devices, re-seated the ssd multiple times, changed ram configuration, upgraded and downgraded my bios, installed the samsung ssd and intel chipset drivers, changed csm, fastboot, legacy and uefi setting, and am currently attempting this bios mod guide with little success as it seems that they aren't interested in x99 support as "all x99 boards support nvme ssds."

https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/howto-get-full-nvme-support-for-all-systems-with-an-ami-uefi-bios/30901

as previously mentioned, any help or advice would be nice, although it seems like the best advice right now would be to return the ssd and never buy an asrock pos.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2023 at 7:12am
If you have not already, open a support ticket with ASRock:
https://tw.asrock.com/events/tsd.asp

This is a community forum so the only way you get help here is from other users who
may have encountered and solved similar issues. ASRock does occasionally post here
but not very often and usually regarding more wide spread issues/fixes.

NVMe was in it's infancy when x99 launched so it's not surprising support is somewhat
limited, particularly with newer, large capacity drives.

Good luck, hopefully ASRock support can help you out.
Judgefudge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judgefudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 6:09pm
sorry to revive old post. am having the exact same issue/hardware and want to know if OP had a solution.

otherwise im returning the drive.
nate6533 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nate6533 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 11:42am
I recommend using the old generation main board with the latest pcie adapters

storage configuration cant see You need to do a modified bios to see it in this option but This device appears in the boot option
[/URL]
lightningstrike46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lightningstrike46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 3:20pm
hey dude i honestly ditched this post after i contacted the tech dudes and they told me to kick rocks. as for the bios modding, it was basically hopeless, especially with the 990 pro i bought. asrock has garbage nvme bios support and it seems not even their x299 boards support it either. I had to insert bios info from one of their 8 gen intel motherboard bios but it was too big and bricked my board. maybe you can have better luck but we're basically walking the most beaten path for adding nvme support to our board. asrock doesn't care and the bios modding community doesn't care either. I'd return the drive if i were you. I wish i did ?˜¢
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic