ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to Recover RAID 5 Based on a Motherboard Contr
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to Recover RAID 5 Based on a Motherboard Contr

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valeram2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Recover RAID 5 Based on a Motherboard Contr
    Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 6:24pm
I have ASRock B365M Pro4-F with RAID 5 created on the basis of the motherboard controller.
Motherboard breaks down.
How can I recover my RAID5 data?
When I connect the drives to another computer, the other computer?™s motherboard can`t identify the array properly. The operating system just suggest to initialize Disks Management window.
valeram2006 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valeram2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2023 at 4:40pm
I have found a solution to my problem.

So, I tried some of data recovery the programs (UFS Explorer and Hetman RAID Recovery).

Hetman RAID Recovery read my drives from the RAID array without any problems. Configured it correctly and displayed all the data.

I connected the drives (that were RAID5) to another PC. Of course, it offered to initialize them and displayed them as "unallocated space" in disk manager.
But, after launching Hetman RAID Recovery, it put them together in a RAID5 array. I scanned it and I saw my data. The only problem is to save them - you need a storage medium of similar volume.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic