ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

megaraid LSI bios error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: megaraid LSI bios error
    Posted: 22 May 2016 at 5:48pm
Dears,

On the start of Bios of Asrock and on an error message said that: your VDs that are configured for write-back are temporarily running in write-through mode.This is caused by the battery being charged, missing or bad. And also another message appeared said: The following VDs are affected 00.

Please help me regarding these errors
Note: bios version is 2.38.00, LSI MEGARAID SAS  9271-8i, FW package: 23.12.0-0011

Regards
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 1:31am
Originally posted by mohd mohd wrote:

Dears,

On the start of Bios of Asrock and on an error message said that: your VDs that are configured for write-back are temporarily running in write-through mode.This is caused by the battery being charged, missing or bad. And also another message appeared said: The following VDs are affected 00.

Please help me regarding these errors
Note: bios version is 2.38.00, LSI MEGARAID SAS  9271-8i, FW package: 23.12.0-0011

Regards

That message is being displayed by your LSI MegaRAID SAS 9271-8i option ROM, the internal BIOS of the LSI RAID card. That is not a message from your ASRock board.

Given what you told us, it sounds like this "error" message is a warning about the optional LSI
 MegaRAID CacheVault module not being used, or its battery is not charged.

The following is from the MegaRAID SAS 9271-8i Product Brief:

RAID caching is a cost-eff ective way to improve I/O performance by writing data to a controllers??cache before it is written to disk. In write-back mode, data written to cache is vulnerable until it is made permanent on disk. To avoid the possibility of data loss or corruption during a power or server failure, Avago off ers the CacheVault fl ash cache protection module or the LSIiBBU09 battery backup unit for the MegaRAID SAS 9271-8i controller. CacheVault fl ash cache protection uses NAND fl ash memory powered by a super-capacitor to help protect data stored in the MegaRAID controller cache. The RAID controller automatically writes the data in cache memory to fl ash storage when a power failure occurs, while the super-capacitor keeps the current going during the process. When the power comes back, the DRAM is recovered from fl ash storage and the system goes on without loss of data. Customers have the fl exibility to choose a traditional LiON battery solution or a greener, lower total cost of ownership (TCO) cache protection solution with MegaRAID CacheVault technology.

Is this message stopping the PC from booting?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic