ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Asrock  X670E Steel Legend AMD no start >32Gb RAM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock X670E Steel Legend AMD no start >32Gb RAM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LastFridayNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock X670E Steel Legend AMD no start >32Gb RAM
    Posted: 25 Dec 2023 at 2:28am
I recently bought me a second mob cause the first didn't let me start win os either way. wrote Asrock support, became following answer:
    - Update BIOS to 1.30.AS05 for verification
    - Install the 2 DIMMs in A2/B2 slot for the best stability
    - Clean the slots and the gold finger of memory module
    - Re-install the CPU and make sure that it is attached to the socket properly
    - Leave only essential devices on the board (CPU/ Memory/ graphic card/ PSU),
      and check whether the problem only happens under Windows
    - If the problem only happens in Windows, please try to re-install the OS for
      verification if possible
     - Swap with another CPU for cross-test if possible
*Since CMK64GX5M2B6000C40 is sold as a kit with two DIMMs, we don't guarantee the compatibility of four DIMMs which not come from the same kit.

acutal bios 2.02, 32Gb dimm module A2 alone or A2/B2, alone ok, double same crash,
clean rebuild about 5 times,cpu works, took off several times all not necessary devices, happens also ubuntu, debian and others. hardware has been tested by computer service, all 100%.
pc doesen't run neither with two corsair CMK64GX5M2B6000C40 32Gb modules, only one.
I bought me 2 pairs of crucial CMK64GX5M2B6000C40 memory cards = 2x 2x 32Gb.
Now my question:
can anybody out there help me to find compatible memory cards to have at the end 128Gb RAM which I need cause running 4 to 5 VMWare workstations at the same time.
Does anyone have that experience and can kindly share it with me to bring this pc to work.
Have a great christmas time
LastNightFriday sending you a greet
LastFridayNight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LastFridayNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 7:43pm
Hi to anyone
I have finally found a solution to my mentioned problem(s) and sold the asrock steel legend mb (glad I could ??) and bought me one from the competitor as.. which doesn't look so nice and the bios look?™s a little rough, but it works and runs with 128Gb ram and boots as it should. sorry asrock, no support means that your customers will look elsewhere, so there will hardly be a return, bad experiences will leave their marks.
have a good time
LastNightFriday sending you a greet
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic