ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deskmini H470 replace SSD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deskmini H470 replace SSD
    Posted: 28 Dec 2023 at 8:13pm
I want to replace my PCIe 3.0 x4 for a PCIe 4.0 x4. The new SSD must be placed underneath the Motherboard according to the instructions. I have a I5-11600 CPU installed so the SSD will be recognised.

My question; is it possible to use this as a new C: drive and can I install Windows 11 Pro on this (or use an image of my current Windows that is located on my Nas)?
Kick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 12:40pm
Hm... 78 views but no answer... I guess it must be the Xmas holidays and Newyears that everybody is still sleeping orso.
Anyway, I kind of answered my own question with a YES. It is possible what I want.

However, the QVL list of SSD's on Asrock's site exists of only a couple of 2Tb SSD that are hard to find in The Netherlands. So I change my question to this: Do I take a risk if I would buy a good brand SSD (like Corsiar, Seagate or WD) or will it just work?
Kick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 3:47pm
This forum sucks.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic