ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X470D4U DrDebug Count

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fill_lc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X470D4U DrDebug Count
    Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 11:10pm
Hello! I have an X470D4U motherboard, before starting, Doctor Debug counts down from 99 to 00, and only after that it starts, sometimes it does this several times and only then everything works. While the countdown is going on, I have no image, the USB ports are not working. Please tell me, maybe I need to change something in the BIOS settings?

The configuration is as follows: X470D4U, AMD Ryzen 9 3950x 16GB RAM, GTX 750 TI, 1000W server power supply (not ATX)

Also, please, if anyone has it, send me the bin file for the BIOS firmware.

Thanks in advance to everyone who will help with the solution
fill_lc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fill_lc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 11:13pm
I searched on the Internet for several days, but nothing was ours about the countdown, and in general there is very little information on this board.

As for the BIOS dump, it is not publicly available, only sites that offer to buy it, but firstly, I suspect a scam, and secondly, in my case it is impossible to make a payment.
eccential View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eccential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 8:37pm
AsrockRack official site has BIOS and user manual.
BIOS is kind of old, as even the latest beta is 1.2.0.7, but I've been using that.
User manual lists all the Dr. Debug codes.

A lot of the codes are just indicators, such as "so and so init" and "so and so started." So I don't think it's particularly strange for it to sequence through bunch of codes. But it's supposed to be hex (0x00 to 0xff) so the whole 0x99 to 0x00 thing sounds suspect. And I don't see 0x00 in the list. Maybe that just means operational state.

Have you connected to IPMI to see if it logged anything of interest? For example, I recently had to replace the CMOS/RTC battery as it was below 2.7V, and IPMI showed error status for that. Pretty neat.
fill_lc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fill_lc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 9:06pm
I don't use this board as a server, so the mgmt port is not used. As for the launch, it looks exactly like a timer and I didn?™t express it quite correctly, the countdown goes from 99 to 01, then either it starts, or it counts again, and after that it starts.

According to the manual, this is not stated, and I scoured the entire Internet, installed a new version of the BIOS, but this did not solve the problem.
I replaced the BIOS battery, changed the settings and they are saved correctly, but the countdown remains the same.

Perhaps if I can get a working BIOS dump, the problem will go away, but it?™s unlikely, so I?™m hoping that someone can provide information.
fill_lc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fill_lc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 9:07pm
I can post a video of how this happens if necessary.
eccential View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eccential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2024 at 3:31am
It doesn't matter if you use it as a server, and you don't even have to use the management port. By default, IPMI can be reached through the management port or through the first ethernet port. Baseboard Management Controller will attempt to get an IP address through DHCP server available on either/both of these ports, and you should be able to access it through whatever IP address it gets. Even if you don't use it to manage the "server," it's useful because you can see event logs, update BIOS (without even booting the mainboard -- useful for updating BIOS with when current BIOS doesn't support the installed CPU!), and set fan profiles, etc.

I'm pretty sure I have "Dr. Debug" LED disabled in BIOS since I never needed it. So I've no idea if this countdown behavior is normal or not.

I do wonder if any of the jumpers are set incorrectly (system reserved setting), which is inducing some sort of pre-init countdown behavior.
fill_lc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fill_lc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 10:18pm
Okay, I think I figured it out. The countdown was due to the BMC connection wait being turned on; after it was turned off, the countdown disappeared, and the computer loaded many times faster. Now the question is, is it possible to somehow disable Dr debug, because of it the turn-on time is 43 seconds
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic