ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z590 Taichi no video in BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petercat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z590 Taichi no video in BIOS
    Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 10:00am
This is weird. When the computer is shut off, if I hit the power button it boots into Win10 like normal and everything is fine.
But if I use the ASRock Restart to UEFI, or if I restart and tap the F2 key, either way, it enters UEFI (code Ab) but there is no video output. I've tried every video out port on the computer and no joy.
If I shut it off and restart, once again, it boots to Windows as normal.

ASRock Z590 Taichi
i7-11700K
128GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200
Dual MSI 3060 graphics cards.
Display on motherboard graphics
WD Black SN770 2TB boot drive
2 Crucial 4TB NVME RAID-1
2 WD 10 TB Gold RAID-1

Can anyone help me figure out why there is no video signal from any port when it's in BIOS?
Trying every port on two graphics cards and the motherboard took a while.
This is driving me crazy!
JHGBaouns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JHGBaouns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 5:33am
Hi!

I got the exact same problem with my z790 Steel Legend.
Did you work how to get bios to show?

I use a F processor and a GTX 1070 with no luck however I plug it in.
Petercat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petercat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 7:46am
Nope, not yet. Since I'm running the monitor off the onboard graphics, I think I'll try removing the graphics cards. Maybe they're confusing the bios, I dunno.
I've been using ASRock motherboards since 2016, and this is the second time. The first one - Z170 Extreme 7+ eventually cured itself, maybe this one will too.
Perhaps if I leave a little barbecue in the bottom of the case overnight, it will make the gremlins happy.
Or else they'll invite their friends over.
JHGBaouns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JHGBaouns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2024 at 2:26pm
FYI.
I got it to work.

I disconnected all video output cables except one DVI cable.
Now I got the bios screen and could upgrade the bios.

Hope it can help.
Petercat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petercat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 7:32pm
Nothing has worked. I even upgraded from twin 3060s to a 3090 graphics card, and while I had the cards out tried to get into the BIOS with three different monitors on the motherboard port. No joy. The computer just refuses to output a video signal while in BIOS.
I don't get it, it was working fine, I didn't change anything, but one day the motherboard just quit displaying video while in BIOS. I was on the same monitor, same video port (motherboard), same cards, same everything. It just quit working.
All ports will put out a video signal in Windows, none will in BIOS. It's driving me crazy!
M440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Petercat Petercat wrote:

Nothing has worked. I even upgraded from twin 3060s to a 3090 graphics card, and while I had the cards out tried to get into the BIOS with three different monitors on the motherboard port. No joy. The computer just refuses to output a video signal while in BIOS.
I don't get it, it was working fine, I didn't change anything, but one day the motherboard just quit displaying video while in BIOS. I was on the same monitor, same video port (motherboard), same cards, same everything. It just quit working.
All ports will put out a video signal in Windows, none will in BIOS. It's driving me crazy!

IMO bios thinks it is sending signal to some video output succesfuly - (thats why you dont get video until OS).
asrock b650m/hdv.m2, ryzen 7700x@85watt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic