ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Undervolting 5800X3D on X370 Skiller SLI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vortexrulez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Undervolting 5800X3D on X370 Skiller SLI
    Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 6:38am
I recently purchased a 5800X3D for my X370 Skiller SLI. The combination works like a charm.
Now my question is about the BIOS of the X370. I have been looking everywhere, but cannot find anything about this. Is there a way to apply a undervolt inside the BIOS of the X370 Skiller. BIOS version is 7.30.

Can't seem to find anything related to this inside the BIOS.
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2024 at 5:12am
if bios doesnt have it (mine x370 gamin X also doesnt have it), then you can undervolt it in windows with PBO2 tuner, which is curve optimiser which is what you want (for undervolting without loosing performance)
if you never tryed curve optimiser before, here is a guide
https://github.com/PrimeO7/How-to-undervolt-AMD-RYZEN-5800X3D-Guide-with-PBO2-Tuner/blob/main/README.md
vortexrulez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vortexrulez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2024 at 6:38am
thank you for the information !!
weirdly enough i never came across this on any search i did online about undervolting or curve optimiming.

i'll post my findings and how it works later on here.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic