ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - RF mouse stutters when External USB Drive plugged
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

RF mouse stutters when External USB Drive plugged

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happyskibunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RF mouse stutters when External USB Drive plugged
    Posted: 31 May 2016 at 6:12am
I use a Microsoft RF keyboard and touchpad with my beebox. When I plug in my external usb3 hard drives the touchpad mouse stutters badly. I have the little usb dongle for the keyboard/touchpad plugged in to the front usb port and the external drives in the back usb ports. It does not matter what port things are plugged in to. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Bluesmanuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 7:33am
I have the same kind of setup but use a Logitech K400 plus and a mouse connected using the unifying USb controller and don't have the same problem.

But I do find that the keyboard and mouse do pretty much have to be in the line of site to work smoothly.

This is not the case when i use the same keyboard and mouse on other Windows Mini PC's such as the Tronsmart ARA X5.

Of course, other devices using the 2.4Ghz band may also cause interference, so worth checking that as a  possibility for the stuttering.

Beebox N3150
happyskibunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happyskibunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 8:41am
The stuttering only happens when I plug in the External USB drives though. When they are unplugged the stuttering in the mouse is gone.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic