ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

P67 Pro3 - 1 card no display, fan working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DrussDaAxe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrussDaAxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P67 Pro3 - 1 card no display, fan working
    Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 11:59am
I had a similar issue last year - apparently it was due to the Motherboard Bios - My old motherboard did not recognise my new card - Took the card back and got a replacement - it still didn't work.
We put the second card into a friends machine and it worked.
Apparently the Motherboard needed a bios update. Not saying that's your problem but just check updates to make sure.
andrzejj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrzejj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 3:08am
Last thing i have tried was flashing card bios.
Now i'll try to sell it, if noone buys in next few days im buying new MB :-)
Yoshi95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoshi95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 12:15am
Some gpus have compatibility issues with motherboards i'm going to assume it's the first time you install it on that setup, so before going through the whole troubleshooting process  lend a gpu from a friend and see if it works out.

Edit: Just noticed that you said it works with other gpus. flash the 680's bios to either a newer one or an older one, to be honest i bought a gpu that had the same problem. The seller couldn't make it work with his motherboard and sold for cheap, he mentioned an error code on the motherboard that i don't remember. so try flashing it, nothing to lose ;)

Edited by Yoshi95 - 06 Jun 2016 at 12:26am
andrzejj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrzejj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 3:25pm
D6 error
"The VGA could not be recognized. Please clear CMOS and try re-installing the VGA card. If the problem still exists, please try installing the VGA card in other slots or use other VGA cards."

Cleared CMOS and no help, no other PCI-E slot, so there's nothing I can do. Great.

Thanks for trying to help. 
andrzejj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrzejj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 5:52am
I have tried DVI and HDMI.
Card is running in another computer connected with HDMI cable.

I tried to reset BIOS but i'm not sure if i did it right. I'll give another try this night and update info tomorrow.
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 5:37am
Yes. Have you tried dvi and HDMI and vga
?
andrzejj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrzejj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 5:19am
my PSU - OCZ ZT 550W
and my GTX680 requires 2x6 pin 
if that's what you mean. 
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 4:50am
Power supply output and connections to video card?
andrzejj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrzejj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 3:35am
Hi, I need help

The problem is my GTX680 doesnt display anything when connected to ASrock P67 Pro3. 
Card is 100% ok (currently running in another computer).

OS loads up and and plays a distinctive sound, but my monitor remains black like the computer is off.

Monitor is fine, works connected to HD6950, GTX760 with this MB. Its just GTX680 doesnt work.
MB drivers are updated, old graphic drivers are thrown out.

Disconnected my RAM memory, didnt help. 

Any ideas that may help?

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic