ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fata1ity Z170 Gaming ITX/ac memory compatibility?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fata1ity Z170 Gaming ITX/ac memory compatibility?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ravenchad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fata1ity Z170 Gaming ITX/ac memory compatibility?
    Posted: 18 Jun 2016 at 3:09pm
Hi,

I am planning to buy this mobo (Fata1ity Z170 Gaming ITX/ac), but I am contemplating about the RAM which one should I buy. 

I am eyeing for the G.SKILL 32GB(16x2) F4-3200C14D-32GTZ, but it is not in the QVL list. Will this be alright? 

http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c14d-32gtz

Planning to use i7 6700k for processor.

I am not into much gaming just occasionally but I am a software developer and doing video encoding and editing, opening lots of chrome tabs too :D (IYKWIM)

Thank you for any feedback.

Edited by ravenchad - 18 Jun 2016 at 3:10pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by ravenchad ravenchad wrote:

Hi,

I am planning to buy this mobo (Fata1ity Z170 Gaming ITX/ac), but I am contemplating about the RAM which one should I buy. 

I am eyeing for the G.SKILL 32GB(16x2) F4-3200C14D-32GTZ, but it is not in the QVL list. Will this be alright? 

http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c14d-32gtz

Planning to use i7 6700k for processor.

I am not into much gaming just occasionally but I am a software developer and doing video encoding and editing, opening lots of chrome tabs too :D (IYKWIM)

Thank you for any feedback.

That model of memory should work, but I don't have personal experience with it and the model of board that you have.

We can find the G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-32GTZ model in your board's Memory Support list, which is a 2 x 16GB kit. Your kit has a slightly higher speed and slightly lower latency.

At worst you would need to adjust the timings slightly if necessary, and possibly the speed too. Don't forget memory speeds above 2133 are considered an OC by Intel, and not guaranteed.

All DDR4 memory kits will work at 2133 by default, so your board should POST and work with this memory.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic