ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - B760m Steel Legend Wifi: Bricked motherboard LEDs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B760m Steel Legend Wifi: Bricked motherboard LEDs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toosumit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B760m Steel Legend Wifi: Bricked motherboard LEDs
    Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 10:31pm
Background: I built a new pc on b760m and managed to brick the rgbs within a few hours. I have installed XPG lancer ddr5 16x2 ram stick which supports polychrome sync. After the build I installed polychrome and adjusted rgb for all the components. But noticed that after rebooting, the ram rgb was being reset to default rainbow pattern. Ram rgb synced only after I started the polychrome software (which is dead slow). Then I thought using other rgb software might help and installed SignalRgb.

Issue: It turns out that other rgb softwares do not play nicely with polychrome sync(or vice-versa). I was able to control the rgb with signalRgb. But after restarting the pc, all the rgbs turned off except the ram stick(which again got reset to rainbow). Internet search led me to uninstalling all rgb software and clear CMOS. I reinstalled polychrome and was able to bring most rgb headers to life after adjusting the addressable led number.

Current situation: All the Argb headers and ram rgb work and can be controlled using polychrome (ram rgb reset on reboot issue is still there). But I am not able to restore the PCB and M.2 rgbs. Both are listed in polychrome and I am able to adjust the rgbs but they do not turn up. I also tried using the polychrome rgb in BIOS, and changing settings of pcb led. But still the board rgb seems to be bricked.

Can this be recovered and fixed? Or should I forget that the motherboard even had rgb https://forum.asrock.com/smileys/smiley5.gif

BIOS version 7.05.
Darkje View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 5:48am
Sometimes it helps to bring the board to G3-State:
- shut down.
- unplug the powercord from the PSU.
- press the power on button for 10 sec, to drain any remaining energy.
- wait a little while (30s to a few minutes) to replug the power back in.
- start the system and keep your fingers crossed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic