ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD and Intel Graphics Card
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - RX 6800 XT P-G  - front LED panel stopped working
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

RX 6800 XT P-G - front LED panel stopped working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keskiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RX 6800 XT P-G - front LED panel stopped working
    Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 10:50pm
Hello everyone,

I recently bought an ASRock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming OC.

But while trying to change the color of the front led panel by using Polychrome SYNC,
The Led panel stopped moving (It was a rainbow wave at the begining).
So I tried to turn it off by using the little switch in front of the GPU but nothing happened.
Then I restarted my computer but the led didn't turn ON and nothing seems to be able to turn them ON again.

Polychrom don't work anymore and shows me the Error 0xFFFB (No ASRock device detected.)
I also used DDU to wipe my drivers and I reinstalled them using the AMD Adrenaline Software, but nothing.
Sometimes my desktop turns black.

I have contacted the support but still nothing.
What can I do to make my led work again ?
thank for your help.
Alexmercer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexmercer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 8:50am
Hi, I have the Rx 6800 phantom gaming version, but I think Rx 6800xt phantom gaming has an argb pin header that can be directly connected to the argb header of the motherboard, but keep in mind that your motherboard must support the argb, but it is better to research and Do this after making sure, if turning off or on the switch on the graphics card did not solve your problem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexmercer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 8:57am
In the end, if it is possible to contact the support team again, it is better to consult them according to your conditions for this problem
Keskiya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keskiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 10:06pm
Hey Alex, thanks for your replies.

Unfortunatly, the switch on the GPU doesn't do anythings.
I still don't have any respond for the ticket that I send to the support team.
I will search for the ARGB pin that you are referring to.

But as I said, the ARGB front panel worked just fine before I used the soft from ASRock.
Maybe you know how I can reset the LED drivers ?
thx
sha14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sha14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 6:21pm
Firstly, ensure you have the latest Polychrome SYNC version compatible with your hardware. Attempt a BIOS update for your motherboard and ensure all related drivers are up-to-date. Try a physical inspection of the GPU, ensuring the LED cables are securely connected. In the AMD Adrenaline Software, reset any GPU settings to default. If the issue persists, attempt a clean reinstall of Polychrome SYNC after removing any remnants of its previous installations. If these steps don't resolve the problem, it might be a hardware issue, and continuing to seek assistance from ASRock support is advised. Consider enrolling in a graphic design course in https://redapplelearning.in/graphic-designing-course-kolkata/ to enhance your skills in creating visually appealing content.
Sasha

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexmercer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 10:44pm
Hello again,

the fact is that the only available file for the LED BIOS is the same file that they put on the ASRock website in the support/faq section of the page related to the product.

Link:https://pg.asrock.com/Graphics-Card/AMD/Radeon%20RX%206800%20XT%20Phantom%20Gaming%20D%2016G%20OC/index.asp#FAQ

If you have run this file before and received a failed update message, i suggest you use the method of connecting the GPU with the argb cable to the motherboard.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexmercer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 10:52pm
To update the BIOS LED, make sure that you follow the steps correctly, my graphic card got into trouble through this file, and its LED didn't turn on anymore.
Keskiya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keskiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 6:45pm
Hello Alex,

Your link to the ASRock website with the FAQ solved my problem,
The steps were very easy to follow.

The software "work" i guess. As soon as the soft started, my front panel turned on.
I didn't try to use it because I was afraid to break it again.

But everything's good now. thank a lot for your dedicated help :D

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexmercer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2024 at 7:53am
I'm glad your problem is solved.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic