ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Boot issues after bios update to next gen support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boot issues after bios update to next gen support

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janmaslak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boot issues after bios update to next gen support
    Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 3:59am
Hello,

Since I've ran out of ideas for what could cause issues on both my windows install and my hardware, and the support having no clue what they're talking about, I've decided to ask for help here.

So heres the situation - My asrock motherboard (https://pg.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z790%20PG%20Lightning/index.asp) came out of the box with outdated bios, which has no support for 14th gen intel chips. No biggie I thought, I can just update it right? Well it turns out after updating the bios to version 10.xx my windows was crapping out and on the rare occasion id even get a bluescreen the error was 'machine_check_exception'.

List of things I've tried and didn't work:

- Bios update to any other version with support for 14th gen
- Cmos clear (multiple times)
- Reset to default bios settings before updating it
- Windows recovery from install media (doesnt even boot that either)
- Trying to boot with 1 stick of ram in A2 slot
- Running prelaunch windows memory validation (2 runs, no issues apparently)
- Booting without any usb/ethernet accessories plugged in
- Installing all sorts of intel software (intel management engine for ex.)
- Booting without tpm, secureboot, bitlocker disabled (and all of the above in different combinations)
- Anything else i could think of at 3 am on a friday night

PC Information:

- Cpu, Mobo, GPU, drives, ram: https://imgur.com/a/3n7MSoU (note: i have 2 of these ram modules installed, both of them are the same but only 1 is visible in the picture)
- Cooling: MSI 240 aio (2x 120), 4 nzxt case fans (3x 140, 1x 120), msi included thermal paste
- PSU: MSI MAG A750GL PCIE5 750W

If you have any ideas please comment below, otherwise ill have to get a new motherboard.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic